Substitute Teachers

Substitutes provide an invaluable service to our schools. Your contribution is sincerely appreciated. By working together, we can provide the best education possible for our students.

How do I become a substitute teacher?

We are pleased to announce that the Douglas Education Service District has partnered with EDUStaff, LLC as a third-party employer for our licensed and classified substitutes.

Interested in working as a substitute at one of the thirteen component school districts in Douglas County?

Please apply using the following instructions:

  1. Go to EDUStaff
  2. Top right-hand corner, click on APPLY to start the application process.
  3. Complete the online application

Questions or concerns? Call EDUStaff at 877.974.6338

Substitute Training Videos

Find videos here about Google Classroom, Zoom, Microsoft Teams and Canvas

Where can I substitute?

Douglas ESD provides Licensed Substitute Teaching services for all of our component school districts. These districts include: Yoncalla, North Douglas, Elkton, Oakland, Sutherlin, Roseburg, Glide, Winston/Dillard, Camas Valley, South Umpqua, Riddle, Days Creek, and Glendale.

How much are substitute teachers paid?

Daily Rate for Douglas County Teacher Substitutes for the 2023-224 School Year:

  • $201.01 for districts with a class schedule based on a 5-day a week (Long-Term Daily Rate: $236.48)
  • $226.14 for districts with a class schedule based on a 4-day a week (Long-Term Daily Rate: $266.04)
    How long is the Restricted Substitute License valid?

    It will be valid for the time specified on the license. Typically, it is valid for the first school year you work. The first license is for one year and subsequent licenses for three years if you maintain the same district sponsor and renew your license before it expires. Instructions will accompany the license once it is issued and will explain exactly what you must complete to qualify for renewal of the license.

    How long is the process to become a Teacher Substitute?

    From start to finish, it could take approximately 2 to 4 months for TSPC to issue your license. However, you do not need to have your license issued to begin working as a sub if you have completed all the required items and you are just waiting for TSPC to issue the license.

    Where do I get information about the Teachers Standards Practice Commission (TSPC)?
    Classroom Employee Workbook