Substitute Bus Driver – Glendale School District
Glendale School District seeks qualified applicants for a Substitute Bus Driver position. Position may be needed for daily district routes, games, and/or field trips. District will provide training for Bus CDL to candidates selected for hire.
Salary/Pay Rate: $17.61 – $22.47 per hour (depending on verifiable relevant experience)
This position transports students on by school bus in a safe and professional manner. May include bus driving for field trips and sports event trips.
This not an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties or functions associated with the job.
- Maintains thorough working knowledge of all laws, procedures and regulations governing school bus drivers and student transportation.
- Performs evacuation drills as required.
- Performs pre-trip inspection on bus prior to driving.
- Drives district vehicles safely while transporting students.
- Monitors appropriate behavior of students.
- Maintains discipline and control of students on bus.
- Responsible for maintaining bus in good repair, cleans bus daily and replenishes fuel and oil as needed.
- Assists students loading onto bus, conducts required passenger instruction and administers first aid to passengers as required.
- Completes all required reports on a timely basis.
- Maintain appropriate certifications and training hours as required.
- Take trips as assigned.
Must be able to complete driver training program (provided by district) including passing medical qualifications, driving and knowledge test, background/fingerprinting, and have a clean driving record to qualify for state bus driving endorsement.
Complete an application by clicking the “Apply” button in the upper right of this announcement. (If you are not viewing this via Applicant Tracking (Applitrack), click HERE.
Bridget McMillen, Superintendent
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.