Physical Therapist – Jackson Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN MEDFORD
190 Day Work Calendar!
Douglas ESD is accepting applications for a Physical Therapist for our Jackson County Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education program. Beginning at the start of the 2023-24 school year.
This position works 190 days, 5 days per week. There are two positions available. One position will work a July through June schedule; one position will work August through June.
Salary: Daily rate: $272.71 – $423.84 (depending on relevant verifiable experience)
Begin the application process by clicking the “Apply” button in the upper right of this announcement in Applicant tracking. (If you are not viewing this via Applicant Tracking (Applitrack), click **HERE**
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Degree in Physical Therapy required with graduation from an accredited physical therapy school. Must hold or ability to obtain an Oregon Physical Therapist License.
JOB SUMMARY: Provide physical therapy assessment, therapy, and consultative services in the area of physical therapy.
DUTIES: This is not an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties or functions associated with the job. Full job description is attached in Applicant Tracking.
- Evaluate student motor and sensory skills to determine eligibility for special education services using standardized assessment instruments.
- Evaluate motor (gross and adaptive) and sensory development to determine appropriate type and amount of physical therapy services required to insure reasonable educational progress.
- Instruct, train, and monitor classroom staff and parents in the implementation of appropriate motor activities, accommodations, and modifications.
- Design and fabricate adaptive devices and equipment to enhance independence in the educational setting.
- Team with other personnel and agencies to provide coordinated and effective services.
- Monitor and evaluate therapy programs using observation, data and/or pre-post testing.
The Douglas Education Service District’s equity vision encompasses its organizational culture and the community we are committed to serving. We envision that across Douglas ESD’s geography and programs that people are thriving. We believe by prioritizing diversity, equity, and inclusion, we are building a stronger organization that is innovative, responsive, and in service to our current and next generation of leaders.
Douglas ESD policy provides veterans and disable veterans with preference as required by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.