DOUGLAS EDUCATION SERVICE DISTRICT
SUPPORT LOCAL TEACHERS
DO YOU HAVE A PASSION TO HELP NEW TEACHERS BECOME GREAT? BECOME A MENTOR!!
We have an amazing opportunity for you to mentor new teachers are they become great in educating the students in Douglas County.
See full job description attached.
Mentor Teachers will be matched with teachers who are in the first or second year of their career. Mentor Teachers will support and facilitate professional learning, continuous school improvement, teacher effectiveness, cultural responsiveness and increased student achievement.
- Valid Oregon TSPC License required.
- Ideal candidates are former educators who are not currently employed full time.
- Minimum of five (5) years of successful teaching experience required.
- Committed to students and their learning.
- Has demonstrated ability to manage and monitor students’ learning.
- Knows how to teach content or grade-level knowledge and skills to students.
- Is knowledgeable of and committed to implementing culturally responsive practices.
- Thinks systematically about one’s own practice and learning from experience.
- Is a member of a professional learning community.
- Is considered an exemplary teacher by a supervisor or colleagues.
- Must be able to meet during school hours and will require travel to and from sites of New Teachers.
Begin the application process by clicking the “Apply” button in the upper right of this announcement. (If you are not viewing this via Applicant Tracking (Applitrack), click HERE.
SALARY: $3,500 stipend per mentee
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.