Oregon Teacher of the Year Nominations Open
The Oregon Department of Education, in partnership with the Oregon Lottery, is pleased
to announce the continuation of Oregon Regional Teacher of the Year to honor exemplary educators in
every region of the state!
• Nominations are open statewide through February 28, 2023.
• Teachers will submit their applications by March 31, 2023.
• Oregon Education Service Districts will select a winner from their region.
• Regional Teachers of the Year will be honored across the state in September 2023!
• In October 2023 one of the Regional Teachers of the Year will be named the 2023-24 Oregon Teacher of the Year and will be eligible to apply for the honor of the National Teacher of the Year!
Regional Teachers of the Year will receive a cash prize of $1,000 and will be celebrated across the state. The 2023-24 Oregon Teacher of the Year will receive a $10,000 cash prize (with a matching
$5,000 going to their school) and serve as a spokesperson and representative for all Oregon
Anyone can nominate a teacher! All Oregonians are encouraged to nominate their favorite teacher
today at: oregonteacheroftheyear.org