The Oregon Department of Education, in partnership with the Oregon Lottery, is pleased to announce the continuation of Oregon Regional Teacher of the Year to honor exemplary educators in every region of the state! Candidates are exceptionally dedicated, knowledgeable and skilled licensed public school educators in grades PreK – 12. Anyone can nominate a teacher. All Oregonians are encouraged to nominate a teacher at: oregonteacheroftheyear.org
- Nominations are open statewide through January 31,
- Teachers will submit their applications by March 27,
- Oregon Education Service Districts will select a winner from their
- Regional Teachers of the Year will be honored across the state in May
- In September 2022 one of the Regional Teachers of the Year will be named the 2023 Oregon Teacher of the Year!
Regional Teachers of the Year will receive a cash prize of $500 and will be in the running for the 2023 Oregon Teacher of the Year.
The 2023 Oregon Teacher of the Year will receive a $5,000 cash prize (with a matching $5,000 going to their school) and serve as a spokesperson and representative for all Oregon teachers.