Superintendent Michael Lasher periodically makes video messages to staff about important topics, or interviews different staff members, as a way to connect our nearly 200 employees who are spread across several counties to important agency goings on or just to introduce our many programs. If you have questions about Supt. Lasher's videos, please email him at michael.lasherdouglasesd.k12.or.us. Embedded below is the full playlist of these videos, which are in order from most recent to oldest. Links to specific videos are located below the player.
- Message from Michael: August 2019
- Message from Michael: May 2019
- Message from Michael: April 2019
- Message from Michael: Welcome Back, August 2017
- Message from Michael: Douglas ESD and library
- Message from Michael: Nursing Services
- Message from Michael: Early Learning Services
- Message from Michael: CTE
- Message from Michael: Week of Sept. 5-9 2016
- Message from Michael August 17 2016
The Superintendent’s Office includes general functions related to the leadership and management of the Douglas ESD, including interaction with the public, the Board of Directors, and local school districts. The office also oversees policy development, boundary board issues, preparation and management of the Local Service Plan, and other general duties related to assuring that the Douglas ESD is serving its component districts, as well as interfacing with the Oregon Department of Education and with other public and private agencies, and adhering to state and federal laws and mandates. The office also coordinates board trainings, hosts regional events, and provides other services to component school districts and boards.