All Oregon ESDs are tasked with offering their constituent school districts services in four main areas, the most expansive being services in Special Education. Special Education services and programs we manage reach children within K-12 schools, as well as young children and babies not yet in school and young adults leaving public school.
These programs and services make up about half of Douglas ESDs overall operations, and nearly three-quarters of our staff are special education professional and paraprofessional working with and on behalf of children, families, schools and educators. The two main areas of service are special education administration support and education support.
In addition to formal programs, the Douglas ESD partners and coordinates fun events, like PartnerSports Camp and Motor Activities Training Program, that celebrate and foster greater advocacy for children with special needs.
Our SPED programs and services include:
- Behavior Services
- Special Programs
- Special Education Administration Support
- Speech Services
- Transition Network
- Regional Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education | Douglas County EI/ECSE | Jackson County EI/ECSE
- Oregon Technology Access Program
- Regional and Statewide Services for Students with Orthopedic Impairments
- PartnerSports Camp
- Motor Activities Training Program
For more information on Douglas ESD Special Education Services contact:
Special Education Director