Each year at the TIES Conference, we take time to honor Oregon therapists who are recognized for their outstanding achievements in the provision of education-based therapy services. The two awards are:
Judy Rowe Exemplary Therapist Award - This award is named for an Oregon therapist who was known for her professional expertise and dedication. Judy’s philosophy and work ethic was etched in everything she did. She firmly believed that “what we attain too easily, we esteem too lightly, and it is of little value.” The award is presented in her name to honor Oregon therapists who are nominated by their peers in education-based practice.
Michelle Smith Sullivan Therapy Assistant Award – This award is named for an Oregon LPTA who worked for Portland Public Schools and Columbia Regional Programs for more than 20 years. She was very skilled, and went above and beyond the call of duty, exemplifying excellence in all that she did. She made therapy fun for kids and brightened the day of her coworkers with her lightheartedness. “She lived and died with so much grace.” http://blog.oregonlive.com/lifestories/2009/05/life_story_michele_smith…
Click below for a list of past award recipients:
- Judy Rowe Exemplary Therapist Award (Word)
- Michele Smith-Sullivan Exemplary Therapist Assistant Award (Word)
If you would like to nominate a colleague for one of these awards, please notify Debra Fitzgibbons at debra.fitzgibbonsdouglasesd.k12.or.us (subject: Nomination%20for%20Judy%20Rowe%20award) with your nominations.
Please Include the following information along with your nominations:
- Your name, address and phone number
- Nominee’s name, address and phone number
- A written summary of the contributions made by the individual in the field of education-based therapy for children with disabilities
- Letters of support from others who have experience with the nominee’s contributions (e.g., coworkers, students or their families, supervisors, etc.)
debra.fitzgibbonsdouglasesd.k12.or.us (subject: Nomination%20for%20Michele%20Smith-Sullivan%20award) ()
Phone: 541-957-4834 Fax: 541-957-4808