RSOI Program Goals
Provide direct training and technical assistance to occupational and physical therapists and other related services professionals regarding educational issues of young children and students with orthopedic impairments.
- Develop and distribute technical assistance documents on topics related to the needs of children and students with orthopedic impairments
- Collect and disseminate information about state, regional, and national resources for related services professionals, teachers, and families.
- Maintain a loan library of materials about educational issues unique to students with orthopedic impairments and multiple disabilities.
- Provide and maintain a website about RSOI services, materials, coming events, and statewide lending library.
- Download an informational brochure about RSOI (PDF)
Regional Programs in Oregon
Regional Programs, in collaboration with local school districts, Early Intervention/Early Childhood Regional Programs, in collaboration with local school districts, Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education (EI/ECSE) programs, families, and community agencies, provide specialized educational support for children with:
- hearing impairments/vision impairments
- autism spectrum disorders
- severe orthopedic impairments
These are known as low incidence disabilities, occurring in the general population at such a low rate that it is difficult for individual districts to employ specialized staff and provide the full range of related services these students need.
Providing this on a regional basis is both cost effective and assures that these students receive programs and services from staff qualified in their area of disability.
RSOI provides services to programs serving students with orthopedic impairments throughout Oregon. For information about Regional Programs for children ages 0 to 21, contact the RSOI office or your local Regional OI Program office at the number below.
- Regional Services Map (PDF)
Debra Fitzgibbons,RSOI Coordinator
Phone: (541) 957-4834
Lisa Davis, Program Assistant
1871 NE Stephens, Roseburg, OR 97470
Phone: (541) 440-4791 Fax:(541) 957-4808