Following is a list of websites which provide access to a variety of electronic text materials. These materials range from classic literature to current newsletters, journals and magazines. Many of these materials can be downloaded for free.
- Accessible Book Collection - Providing Digital Text to Persons with Disabilities for a fee.
- Bookshare - Bookshare.org Library Now Free to All U.S. Students with Qualifying Disabilities.
- Learning Ally - Formerly Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic
- Lit2Go - A free online collection of stories and poems in Mp3 (audiobook) format.
- Microsoft Reader for Desktop and Laptop PC - Download Microsoft Reader for Windows-based desktop and laptop PCs ( free).
- Microsoft Reader Free eBook Library - The University of Virginia Library's Etext Center, over 2,100 publicly-available e-books including classic British and American fiction, major authors, and children's literature.
- Natural Soft Reader - A Text to Speech software with natural sounding voices. This easy to use software can convert any written text such as MS Word, Webpage, PDF files, and Emails into spoken words.
- Talking Book and Braille Services - Talking Book and Braille Services (TBABS) is a free service that provides books on tape and cassette machines to print-disabled Oregonians.
- Unabridged School Download Library - This unique shared collection offers the latest technology designed with students and teachers in mind. You can choose, checkout, download, and enjoy eBooks and audio books on your computer.