Transition Network / Pre-ETS Support Specialist
Douglas ESD is accepting applications for a Transition Network/PreETS Support Specialist. This position works 220 days, 5 days per week, 8 hours per day.
Application Deadline: 08/26/22 at 5:00 pm
Starting Salary: $23.07 – $29.73 (depending on verifiable relevant work experience)
JOB SUMMARY: This position will work with local school districts to coordinate and create the provision of Pre-Employment Transition Services; to support the Transition Network Facilitator (TNF) to build partnerships with community/county/state agencies and school districts; Participate as an active team member of Employment First and support regional activities associated with these teams.
DUTIES: This is not an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties or functions associated with the job.
- Work with and support the Transition Network Facilitator to provide school district technical assistance.
- Recognize and understand the outcomes of the Executive Order (No. 15-01).
- Encourage a culture to focus on employment skills at an earlier age.
- Offer and provide best practice strategies, curriculum to support development of vocational exploration, work experiences, and post-secondary goal setting for students of transition age (16-21).
- Provide assistance to IEP teams as to who to include when identifying appropriate representatives from adult service systems. (i.e., Vocational Rehabilitation, Developmental Disabilities Services, and/or Mental Health).
- Provide professional development and training opportunities for educators and community partners on systems change and collaboration.
- Provide ongoing support for regional TNF in ongoing transition support activities. i.e., school staff/agency trainings, parent resource nights, and regional job clubs.
- Improve overall seamless transition for students with school districts and local stakeholders (Employment First). Develop strategies to improve overall consistency and level of engagement in the transition process.
Full job description is attached in Applicant Tracking.
Begin the application process by clicking the “Apply” button in the upper right of this announcement in Applicant tracking. (If you are not viewing this via Applicant Tracking (Applitrack), click **HERE**
Douglas ESD celebrates and supports employees of color. As we strive to become one of the most ethnically and racially diverse professional organizations in Southwest Oregon, persons of color and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Douglas ESD is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity and valuing the cultural, educational, and life experience of each student and employee, as well as equitable outcomes for all students.
Douglas ESD policy provides veterans and disable veterans with preference as required by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.