Teacher – Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education (EI/ECSE)
Douglas ESD is accepting applications for a Teacher EI/ECSE for the Douglas County Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education program. This position works 190 days, 5 days per week, 8 hours per day.
Application Deadline: 05/31/23 at 5:00 pm
Salary: $46,556 – $80,229 (depending on relevant verifiable experience and degree)
Bachelor’s degree scale range: $46,556 – $78,271
Master’s degree scale range: $47,716 – $80,229
TO APPLY: Begin the application process by clicking the “Apply” button in the upper right of this announcement in Applicant tracking. (If you are not viewing this via Applicant Tracking (Applitrack), click **HERE**
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, special education or a related field. Those without a TSPC endorsement in EI/ECSE or a related field must possess or have the ability to possess the Early Childhood Specialist authorization within 12 months of employment.
JOB SUMMARY: To develop, plan, implement, and evaluate instructional programs for children. Also includes working closely with families, other agencies serving these children, participating in eligibility evaluations, providing service coordination for Individual Family Service Plans and functioning as a member of a collaborative service team.
DUTIES: This is not an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties or functions associated with the job. Full job description is attached in Applicant Tracking.
- Provide educational consultation to EI/ECSE staff and mainstream staff in the areas of special education information, behavior management, instructional strategies/materials, child progress evaluation, and general problem-solving.
- Provides direction to EI/ECSE and mainstream staff in the areas of legal requirements related to assessment and IFSP management.
- Assist parents, and support staff as necessary, to implement instructional programs prescribed by physical therapist, occupational therapist and/or speech and language pathologist.
- May be responsible for following EI/ECSE intake and referral processes and conduct necessary assessments.
- Provide consultation regarding the child’s behavior and teach management techniques to parents.
- Completes required reports, IFSPs, and other forms promptly and in an acceptable manner.
- Acts as a liaison between the EI/ECSE program and Headstart, community preschools, community daycare centers, and local school districts.
- Collect and record data on children’s progress toward instructional goals. Maintains computer assisted database management systems for individual children.
Douglas ESD has been awarded the Douglas County Working Parents Award for 2023.
Background Check Conducted
The Douglas Education Service District’s equity vision encompasses its organizational culture and the community we are committed to serving. We envision that across Douglas ESD’s geography and programs that people are thriving. We believe by prioritizing diversity, equity, and inclusion, we are building a stronger organization that is innovative, responsive, and in service to our current and next generation of leaders.
Douglas ESD policy provides veterans and disabled veterans with preference as required by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.