Summer Programming Coordinator – Phoenix School of Roseburg
Phoenix School is recruiting a part-time position to coordinate summer learning activities. Duties would include crafting lessons planning, scheduling activities, coordinating resources for learning, and facilitating meetings of team members related to summer programming.
We are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Summer Activities Coordinator to join our team at Phoenix Charter School. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and coordinating engaging summer activities for students, as well as working with our school garden Manager and farm to school summer program. The Summer Activities Coordinator will work closely with school staff, students, and parents to ensure that our summer programs are inclusive, educational, and fun.
Under the supervision of Executive Director, this position serves as the main point of contact to many community partners and stakeholders. Prior experience preferred but not required. Responsibilities include regular contact with students, staff, and the public.
Opening: Part-Time, April- Early August
Assignment: 20 hours per week, immediate flexible schedule
Summer Programming starting July, 8am to 1pm MON- THR
Wage: $24.82 to $41.92 per hour (DOE)
Benefits: Individual Accidental and Life Insurance Coverage (employer paid)*
• Bachelor’s degree in education, environmental science, or a related field. ( Not required )
• Experience working with children and developing engaging educational programs.
• Knowledge of garden and farm to school practices and initiatives.
• Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively with teachers, staff, parents, and community partners.
• Flexibility and adaptability to changing schedules and priorities.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative.
• Demonstrated competence with at-risk youth and families
• Prior experience working within a school and/or a youth-oriented organization
• 21 years of age or older to meet driving insurance requirement
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop and coordinate summer activities that are educational, engaging, and age-appropriate for students.
• Manage and oversee the activities with youth in the school garden and farm to school program, including working with our farm manager organizing garden activities, coordinating volunteer efforts, and implementing farm to school initiatives. • Collaborate with teachers and staff to develop and implement summer programs that align with the school’s academic goals and standards.
• Develop partnerships with community organizations and businesses to enhance summer programming opportunities for students.
• Communicate with parents and guardians about summer activities, schedules, and expectations.
• Monitor and evaluate summer programs to ensure that they are meeting the needs and interests of students.
• Provide a safe and nurturing environment for students during summer activities and programs.
• Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions, duties, and responsibilities of this job.
• Vision abilities: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
• Regularly required in an 8-hour day, to sit for 5-8 hours and to stand, walk, or move around for 1-4 hours
• Regularly required to talk and hear
• Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls
• Regularly lift, move or carry up to 25 pounds; occasionally lift, move or carry up to 50 pounds
• Frequently required to stand or walk (occasionally on an uneven surface), reach with the hands and arms, stoop, and/or bend
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment could be low to moderate. The employee’s work is most frequently indoors, but occasionally requires going outdoors in the weather to pass from building to building and drive from community sites.
NOTE: Position description is subject to change. This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions, or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. Phoenix School of Roseburg may add to, modify, or delete any aspect of this (or the position) at any time as it deems advisable.
(541) 673-3036 x1116
Phoenix Charter School
3131 NE Diamond Lake Blvd.
Begin the application process by clicking the “Apply” button in the upper right of this announcement. (If you are not viewing this via Applicant Tracking (Applitrack), click HERE.
1. A scheduled visitation is encouraged!
2. The school will notify candidates whether they are selected for an interview.
3. After an initial round of applicants are interviewed, the position will be offered or remain open until filled.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.