Speech Language Pathologist Assistant
Jackson County Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN MEDFORD
Douglas ESD is accepting applications for a Speech Language Pathologist Assistant. This position works 190 days, 5 days per week, 8 hours per day. Position is for the 23-24 school year.
Begin the application process by clicking the “Apply” button in the upper right of this announcement in Applicant tracking. (If you are not viewing this via Applicant Tracking (Applitrack), click **HERE**
Application Deadline: 12/4/23 at 5:00 pm
Starting Salary: $23.99 – $30.92 per hour (Salary is dependent on relevant verifiable experience and certification.)
Education and/or Experience: Certification as a Speech-Language Pathology Assistant by the Oregon State Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology or be in the process of becoming certified through enrollment in an appropriate college program leading to certification.
JOB SUMMARY: Provides direct and indirect speech therapy services to students with communication disorders under the direction and supervision of a qualified speech-language pathologist.
DUTIES: This is not an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties or functions associated with the job. Full job description is attached in Applicant Tracking.
- Provides direct therapy assistance to students by following written educational plans developed by the SLP.
- Collects data and documents student progress toward meeting established objectives as stated in the educational plan and as directed by the SLP.
- Participates in Medicaid billing by signing and initialing therapy notes for review and co-signature by the SLP.
- Conducts speech, language and hearing screenings without interpretation, using screening protocols specific by the SLP.
- Prepares instructional materials and completes clerical tasks as assigned.
- Ability to communicate verbally to students, parents and staff. Ability to communication in Spanish, preferred.
Douglas ESD has been awarded the Douglas County Working Parents Award for 2023.
Background Check Conducted
The Douglas Education Service District’s equity vision encompasses its organizational culture and the community we are committed to serving. We envision that across Douglas ESD’s geography and programs that people are thriving. We believe by prioritizing diversity, equity, and inclusion, we are building a stronger organization that is innovative, responsive, and in service to our current and next generation of leaders.
Douglas ESD policy provides veterans and disable veterans with preference as required by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.