Speech Language Pathologist Assistant
Douglas Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education
195 work day calendar / 8 hours per day / 5 days per week
This position will start at the beginning of the 2022-23 school year (August 22nd)
Provides direct and indirect speech therapy services to students with communication disorders under the direction and supervision of a qualified speech-language pathologist.
This is not an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties or functions associated with the job.
- Provides direct therapy assistance to students by following written educational plans developed by the SLP.
- Collects data and documents student progress toward meeting established objectives as stated in the educational plan and as directed by the SLP.
- Participates in Medicaid billing by signing and initialing therapy notes for review and co-signature by the SLP.
- Conducts speech, language and hearing screenings without interpretation, using screening protocols specific by the SLP.
- Prepares instructional materials and completes clerical tasks as assigned.
- Ability to communicate verbally to students, parents and staff.
Full job description is attached below in the bottom right of this announcement.
Begin the application process by clicking the “Apply” button in the upper right of this announcement. (If you are not viewing this via Applicant Tracking (Applitrack), click HERE.
Benefits: Douglas ESD offers an excellent benefit package that includes health, dental and vision. Paid holidays and sick leave provided. Retirement through the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System.
Application Deadline: 5/26/2022
Starting Salary: $23.07 – $29.73 (based on 2022-23 school year)
Douglas ESD celebrates and supports employees of color. As we strive to become one of the most ethnically and racially diverse professional organizations in Southwest Oregon, persons of color and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Douglas ESD is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity and valuing the cultural, educational, and life experience of each student and employee, as well as equitable outcomes for all students.
Douglas ESD policy provides veterans and disable veterans with preference as required by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.