Special Education Instructional Assistant
Douglas Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN YONCALLA
Part time or full-time positions available for this location.
Part time positions are 4 days per week, 4 hours per day OR 7.5 hours per day for 155 days per year.
Full time positions are 5 days per week, 8 hours per day for 172 days per year.
Implements individualized programs, activities and supervision of assigned students with disabilities as directed by classroom teacher.
This is not an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties or functions associated with the job.
- Assist with helping students develop positive interpersonal relationships with peers and adults; promoting safety of the students by helping, them develop self-confidence and coping skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply appropriate techniques and methods of student supervision and classroom management in setting involving students with moderate to severe learning and/or social/behavioral problems.
- Utilizes therapeutic interventions as trained, to include performing physical restraints as directed by supervisor or designee.
- Ability to assist in the delivery of instructional programs and activities to students who have moderate to severe learning and physical disabilities and/or social/behavioral problems.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment, which can be both physical and emotionally fatiguing.
- Ability to work with students who may exhibit aggressive behavior, as required of specific job assignment.
Full job description is attached below in the bottom right of this announcement.
Begin the application process by clicking the “Apply” button in the upper right of this announcement. (If you are not viewing this via Applicant Tracking (Applitrack), click HERE.
Starting Salary: $18.84 – $24.28
Douglas ESD is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity and valuing the cultural, educational, and life experience of each student and employee, as well as equitable outcomes for all students.
Douglas ESD policy provides veterans and disable veterans with preference as required by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.