Skills Training Specialist
190 days / 8 hours per day / 5 days per week
THIS POSITION WILL BE LOCATED IN ELKTON
Implements individualized programs, activities and supervision of assigned students with disabilities as directed by classroom teacher.
This is not an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties or functions associated with the job.
- Coordinate and mentor instructional assistants and paraprofessional providers individually, in cohorts, and workgroups.
- Develop and provide training for paraprofessional roles on developmentally appropriate and trauma-informed behavior intervention practices and social -emotional learning.
- Provide ongoing technical assistance by phone or in person for paraprofessionals seeking program support and working with children, educators, and their families.
- Perform administrative activities such as scheduling meetings and trainings, data collection, file maintenance and preparing quarterly reports.
- Promote professional development opportunities.
- Will have a flexible schedule to offer training, provide individualized support or meet with small workgroups, cohorts after-school hours.
- Serve on community partner advisories and attend meetings and events.
- Participate in department and statewide behavior/SEL meetings as indicated.
- Lead and model in assisting paraprofessionals with helping students develop positive interpersonal relationships with peers and adults; promoting safety of the students by helping, them develop self-confidence and coping skills.
- Train and demonstrate knowledge of, and ability to apply appropriate techniques and methods of student supervision and classroom management in setting involving students with moderate to severe learning and/or social/behavioral problems.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Experience working in school environments with children with special needs and social-emotional-behavioral needs preferred. Experience (or comparable experience) working as instructional assistant preferred. Willing to learn and use Positive Behavior Intervention & Support (PBIS) and Trauma Informed Practices.
Full job description is attached in Applicant Tracking.
Begin the application process by clicking the “Apply” button in the upper right of this announcement in Applicant tracking. (If you are not viewing this via Applicant Tracking (Applitrack), click **HERE**
Benefits: Douglas ESD offers an excellent benefit package that includes health, dental and vision. Paid holidays and sick leave provided. Retirement through the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System.
Application Deadline: 11/30/21 at 5:00 pm
Starting Salary: $22.62 – $29.15 per hour
Douglas ESD celebrates and supports employees of color. As we strive to become one of the most ethnically and racially diverse professional organizations in Southwest Oregon, persons of color and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Douglas ESD policy provides veterans and disable veterans with preference as required by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.