Douglas Early Intervention / Early Childhood Special Education
190 work day calendar / 8 hours per day / 5 days per week
Douglas ESD celebrates and supports employees of color. As we strive to become one of the most ethnically and racially diverse professional organizations in Southwest Oregon, persons of color and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Provides psycho-educational evaluations, instructional recommendations, and behavioral management intervention for students referred to the ESD.
This is not an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties or functions associated with the job.
- Provides comprehensive psychological evaluations of students utilizing an appropriate battery of assessment instruments.
- Provides an in-depth written evaluation report for all students evaluated.
- Makes recommendations for educational planning and strategy development.
- Acts as resource for teachers of special needs students, for materials, equipment, and/or services from other agencies.
- Participates as a member of a team (IEP, IFSP, Placement, Eligibility, MDT, etc.) and assumes appropriate roles: leads, follows, and supports others in a productive manner.
- Consults and acts as a resource to educational staff and families of students.
- Assesses the effectiveness, appropriateness, and usefulness of strategies and practices used with students.
- Serves as a resource to district personnel regarding special education laws, rules, policies, procedures, and trends.
Full job description is attached in Applicant Tracking.
Begin the application process by clicking the “Apply” button in the upper right of this announcement in Applicant tracking. (If you are not viewing this via Applicant Tracking (Applitrack), click **HERE**
Benefits: Douglas ESD offers an excellent benefit package that includes health, dental and vision. Paid holidays and sick leave provided. Retirement through the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System.
Application Deadline: 11/30/2021 at 5:00 pm
Starting Salary: $48,845 – $75,914
Douglas ESD policy provides veterans and disable veterans with preference as required by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.