Part Time High School Instructional Assistant – Yoncalla School District
Yoncalla School District seeks qualified applicants for a Part Time Instructional Assistant at Yoncalla High School.
Salary/Pay Rate: $13.91 – $16.10 per hour
Hours/Days: 6 hours per day/4 days per week
The Instructional Assistant assists in the operation of the instructional or supportive services in the school system. To accomplish these tasks, the Instructional Assistant works closely with the staff and building administration. Employees may be considered in a high-risk category for exposure to body fluids and human excrement.
This not an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties or functions associated with the job.
- Assist teachers in the planning and implementation of learning experiences of students enrolled in programs; confer with teacher to provide feedback on student performance, progress, and testing activities.
- Prior experience in de-escalation strategies and behavior management grounded in the brain state model.
- Assist the teacher in devising special strategies for reinforcing material or skills based on a sympathetic understanding of individual students, their needs, interests, and abilities.
- Provide ongoing support to students experiencing challenging behaviors.
- Must be able to assist in monitoring classroom management in accordance with the district’s discipline procedures, which may include the physical restraint, physical movement, lifting and carrying of students.
- Supervise students in and outside of the classroom with an understanding of and provision for a safe environment.
Complete an application by clicking the “Apply” button in the upper right of this announcement. (If you are not viewing this via Applicant Tracking (Applitrack), click **HERE**.
Equal employment opportunity and treatment shall be practiced by the district regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veterans’ status, genetic information and disability if the employee, with or without reasonable accommodation, is able to perform the essential functions of the position.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.