Part Time Custodian – Phoenix School of Roseburg
Phoenix School is recruiting for a new Custodian to work directly among our nonprofit organization’s facility team and to serve as the personnel maintaining sanitation requirements for the school’s operation. Expectations include the of use cleaning materials and equipment with skill and efficiency, perform heavy physical labor under minimum supervision and guidance. The position requires frequent use of independent judgement and interpretive ability while maintaining a relatively strict adherence to regularly prescribed procedures and methods.
Primary functions of this position are to continually sanitize common areas and restrooms regularly during and/or after the school day. Maintaining records of these cleaning actions will be essential. This position will directly report to the Operations Coordinator. Work schedule would remain consistent in terms of hours/week during the school year and the summer. Prior experience preferred but not required. Responsibilities include regular contact with students, staff, and the public.
Opening: Part-Time, 2023-2024 School Year
Application Period: Accepting applications until filled
Assignment: 10 to 30 hours per week, variable schedule
Wage: $15.56 to $21.18 per hour (DOE)
Benefits: Individual Accidental and Life Insurance Coverage (employer paid)*
Medical leave accrued based on hours worked
*Subject to a 30-day enrollment period at beginning of following month
· Completion of Safe Schools training (available on-site).
· Must have a desire to work with high school students in a professional manner and demeanor.
· Ability to work independently at times and show initiative on team projects.
· Ability to successfully pass a drug test (random or otherwise).
· Perform in a professional manner while working with partnering organizations.
· Ability to communicate in non-technical terms with a diverse population of staff and students.
· Regular and reliable attendance.
· Ability to demonstrate an understanding and importance of customer service.
· U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident.
· Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent.
· Must successfully pass a criminal history background check and fingerprint screening.
- Some experience in custodial work.
- Possess an appropriate and valid Oregon driver’s license.
- Skills and the ability to communicate in non-technical terms with a diverse population of staff and students.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes and polishes concrete, linoleum, tile and wood floors.
- Cleans and dusts walls, furniture, woodwork, lockers and other equipment.
- Picks up papers and other refuse on grounds and sweeps walks and entrances.
- Washes, scrubs and disinfects restrooms and shower rooms.
- Cleans and polishes metal work such as door panels and handrails.
- Empties and cleans waste containers.
- Assists in moving or rearranging chairs, tables, desks, furniture and other equipment.
- Replaces light bulbs.
- Maintains equipment used in the course of work.
- Performs special custodial work upon the request of staff members.
- Makes minor maintenance repairs to furniture.
- Reports safety, sanitary, fire hazards and needed maintenance repairs to the supervisor.
- Raises or lowers flags.
- Responds to biohazard incidents as required.
- Removes graffiti as required.
- Directs visitors and safeguards school property.
- May perform routine grounds keeping duties, light maintenance, painting and such other duties assumed or assigned within the usual scope of this employment.
- Assures that building is secure at the end of the shift if applicable.
- Fulfills other related duties as assigned or assumed.
Marginal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet occasional needs for lifting requirements to change to heavy work. Incidental moving of school furniture may be requested as needed.
- Attends staff meetings and/or in-service trainings as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions, duties, and responsibilities of this job.
· Vision abilities: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Regularly required in an 8-hour day, stand/walk/move around for 3-8 hours; and occasionally drive.
· Regularly required to talk and hear.
· Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
· Regularly lift, move or carry up to 25 pounds; occasionally lift, move or carry up to 50 pounds.
· Frequently required to stand or walk (occasionally on an uneven surface), reach with the hands and arms, stoop, and/or bend.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment could be low to moderate. The employee’s work is most frequently indoors, but occasionally requires going outdoors in the weather to pass from building to building and drive from community sites.
NOTE: Position description is subject to change. This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions, or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. Phoenix School of Roseburg may add to, modify, or delete any aspect of this (or the position) at any time as it deems advisable.
Questions about the position?
Contact Christine Pollastrini, Fiscal and HR Asst., at (541) 673-3036 x1123, email@example.com
Begin the application process by clicking the “Apply” button in the upper right of this announcement. (If you are not viewing this via Applicant Tracking (Applitrack), click HERE.
- A scheduled visitation is encouraged!
- The school will notify candidates whether they are selected for an interview.
- After an initial round of applicants are interviewed, the position will be offered or remain open until filled.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.