Jackson County Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education
190 work day calendar / 8 hours per day / 5 days per week
(for the 2022-23 school year)
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN MEDFORD
To provide occupational therapy consultation to school staff and parents, evaluation, direct and indirect treatment to children who have motoric and sensory delays which supports the developmental progression, educational progress, and functional life skills of involved students . Services will be provided in Early Intervention, Early Childhood Special Education and schools for children with motor and sensory impairments.
This is not an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties or functions associated with the job.
- Evaluate student motor and sensory skills to determine eligibility for special education services using standardized assessment instruments.
- Evaluate motor (gross and adaptive) and sensory development to determine appropriate type and amount of physical therapy services required to insure reasonable educational progress.
- Instruct, train, and monitor classroom staff and parents in the implementation of appropriate motor activities, accommodations, and modifications.
- Design and fabricate adaptive devices and equipment to enhance independence in the educational setting.
- Team with other personnel and agencies to provide coordinated and effective services.
- Participate in IFSP and IEP meetings to assist with the development of individual child educational plans.
Full job description is attached in Applicant Tracking.
Begin the application process by clicking the “Apply” button in the upper right of this announcement in Applicant tracking. (If you are not viewing this via Applicant Tracking (Applitrack), click **HERE**
Benefits: Douglas ESD offers an excellent benefit package that includes health, dental and vision. Paid holidays and sick leave provided. Retirement through the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System.
Starting Salary: $49,822 – $77,432 (based on the 22-23 salary schedule)
Douglas ESD celebrates and supports employees of color. As we strive to become one of the most ethnically and racially diverse professional organizations in Southwest Oregon, persons of color and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Douglas ESD is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity and valuing the cultural, educational, and life experience of each student and employee, as well as equitable outcomes for all students.
Douglas ESD policy provides veterans and disable veterans with preference as required by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.