Language Arts Teacher
Butte Falls School District
Join the Butte Falls family and experience amazing employment rewards!
- Competitive salary
- Small rural K-12 charter school in Jackson County
- Grade 8-12 enrollment projected at 75 for next year.
- Small class sizes that maximize learning
- 164 days per year
- 4 day school week
- Friendly and helpful staff
- District picks up 6% employee contribution towards PERS
- Mentor Coach for all new-to-Butte Falls teachers
- Excellent benefit package
Butte Falls Charter School is a small school in rural Butte Falls, Oregon, approximately 45 minutes from Medford, Oregon. It is located in a beautiful and nurturing environment surrounded by forests, creeks and mountains. The theme of our school is natural resources. Our English/Language Arts classes have access to the district’s 13-acre Natural Resources Center where we have room for nature walks, class meetings in the outdoor pavilion, and an abundance of fresh air. We are seeking individuals who enjoy working with students, are passionate about student success, enjoy collaboration, and are interested in being a part of a small school family.
- Applicant must hold or qualify for an Oregon Teaching Certificate, with subject area endorsement and grade level authorization.
- Desire and ability to work with a team of professional educators in a small/rural school.
- Familiarity with a variety of age appropriate instructional, assessment and classroom management strategies that reflect current research on best practices.
- Experience working with diverse groups.
- Familiarity with state standards and curriculum frameworks.
- Knowledge and experience with differentiated instruction.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to exhibit professionalism and effective human relations.
- Ability to effectively manage and supervise students and their work.
- Ability to direct the work of other staff members.
- Ability to develop lessons that prepare students for academic and social success.
- Standard First Aid certification, or the ability to obtain certification within two months of hire, may be required.
- A positive role model for the school/community.
Complete an application by clicking the “Apply” button in the upper right of this announcement. (If you are not viewing this via Applicant Tracking (Applitrack), click HERE.
For questions or further information, contact Julie Freeman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541.865.3563 x223.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Butte Falls SD policy provides veterans and disable veterans with preference as required by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.