193 days / 8 hours per day / 5 days per week
Provides direct or indirect assistance to students with communication disorders under the direction and supervision of a qualified speech-language pathologist (SLP).
This is not an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties or functions associated with the job.
- Collects student data as directed by the SLP.
- Provides support to students by following written or verbal instructions of the SLP.
- Assist student access to virtual and/or on-site speech services in ways including, but not limited to: escorting students to and from the SLP services location, working through technical issues, and communicating changes in student schedules.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment which can be both physically and emotionally fatiguing.
- Ability to communicate verbally to students and staff.
- Conducts hearing screenings without interpretation, using specific screening protocols under the direction of the SLP and Audiologist for the ESD.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply appropriate techniques and methods of student supervision in setting involving students with moderate to severe learning and/or social/behavioral difficulties.
- Prepares therapeutic materials and completes clerical tasks as assigned and directed by SLP or supervisor.
- Maintains good working relationships with ESD and local district personnel.
- Observes working hours and attends and participates at in-services and staff meetings.
- Follows directions and works well in a team situation with the SLPs and SLPAs.
Full job description is attached below in the bottom right of this announcement.
Begin the application process by clicking the “Apply” button in the upper right of this announcement. (If you are not viewing this via Applicant Tracking (Applitrack), click HERE.
Benefits: Douglas ESD offers an excellent benefit package that includes health, dental and vision. Paid holidays and sick leave provided. Retirement through the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System.
Application Deadline: 2/1/2022
Starting Salary: $14.51 – $18.70
Douglas ESD is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity and valuing the cultural, educational, and life experience of each student and employee, as well as equitable outcomes for all students.
Douglas ESD policy provides veterans and disable veterans with preference as required by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.