Complex Needs Classroom
190 days / 7 hours per day / 5 days per week
Implements individualized programs, activities and supervision of assigned students with disabilities as directed by classroom teacher.
This is not an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties or functions associated with the job.
- Be able to perform delegated medical tasks, such as administration of medication, G-tube feeding, and suctioning a student.
- Be able to perform repetitive physically demanding classroom requirements.
- Ability to assist in the delivery of instructional programs and activities to students who have moderate to severe learning and physical disabilities and/or social/behavioral problems.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment, which can be both physical and emotionally fatiguing.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply appropriate techniques and methods of student supervision and classroom management in setting involving students with moderate to severe learning and/or social/behavioral problems.
Full job description is attached below in the bottom right of this announcement.
TO APPLY: Begin the application process by clicking the “Apply” button in the upper right of this announcement. (If you are not viewing this via Applicant Tracking (Applitrack), click HERE.
Benefits: Douglas ESD offers an excellent benefit package that includes health, dental and vision. Paid holidays and sick leave provided. Retirement through the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System.
Application Deadline: 2/04/2022
Starting Salary: $14.51 – $18.70
Douglas ESD is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity and valuing the cultural, educational, and life experience of each student and employee, as well as equitable outcomes for all students.
Douglas ESD policy provides veterans and disable veterans with preference as required by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.