High School Math Teacher Phoenix Charter School of Roseburg
• Current Oregon TSPC license
• Bachelor’s degree
• Must have a desire to work with high school students in a professional manner and demeanor
• Ability to work independently at times, show initiative, and communicate
• Ability to successfully pass a drug test (random or otherwise) conducted by employer
• Perform in a professional manner while working with partnering organizations
• U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident
• Must successfully pass a fingerprint criminal history background check
• Regular and reliable attendance
• Ability to communicate fluently verbally and in writing in English
• A valid driver’s license, clean driving record and ability to provide documentation
• Master’s degree in Education
• Current, renewable Oregon TSPC Teaching License in Special Education
• Successful experience or related experience teaching or working with at-risk youth
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Meet the standards of Competent and Ethical Performance as outlined in Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR 541-020-000 to 584-020-0045)
• Promote high levels of achievement in relation to individual student abilities
• Implements individual plans (IEP/504/TAG/etc.)
• Focuses on making learning visible through effective student engagement
• Provides maximum participation for all students; differentiates as needed to ensure all students experience success
• Implements Oregon Core Standards with rigor, purpose, and planning
• Develops engaging and effective lesson plans and supplementary materials
• Evaluates academic and social growth of students and keeps appropriate records to include report cards, attendance records, checklists, and other recordkeeping activities as appropriate by level
• Facilitates student’s physical, cognitive and social and emotional learning through lessons designed to sequentially develop skills appropriate to their ability and confidence levels
• Creatively and collaboratively problem solve in their daily work with clients, families, and coworkers
• Maintains accurate, complete, and confidential records as required by law, district policy and administrative regulations
• Proficiency in the usage of database software, internet software, and email
• Fulfills other related duties as assigned or assumed
Marginal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Seek best practices in the education and behavioral health realm to assist organization in expanding its trauma-informed practices and restorative justice aspects.
$25.28 to $43.10 hourly rate DOE & education level
$37,819.95 to $64,477 per annum DOE based on 187-day contract
BEGINNING DATE Full-Time, 2022-2023 School Year
Phoenix Charter School
3131 NE Diamond Lake Blvd. Roseburg, OR 97471
APPLICATION PROCEDURE Begin the application process by clicking the “Apply” button in the upper right of this announcement. (If you are not viewing this via Applicant Tracking (Applitrack), click HERE.
1. A scheduled visitation is encouraged!
2. The school will notify candidates whether they are selected for an interview.
3. After an initial round of applicants are interviewed, the position will be offered or remain open until filled.
We look forward to your application and thank you, in advance, for your interest in Phoenix Charter School.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.