Elementary School Principal (Grades PreK-5) – Glendale School District
CLASSIFICATION AND SALARY
- Competitive salary: $91,000 – $96,542
- 11-month position
- Licensed certified administrator for Elementary School
Glendale School District is seeking an outstanding collaborative, team-oriented, passionate leader to join our team as Glendale Elementary principal. The successful candidate must have a sound philosophy, background, and vision grounded in education and must be committed to service to a diverse community including children from poverty, special education students and English Learners. The candidate must have demonstrated leadership capacity to guide school’s curriculum, assessment, teaching, learning, professional development, and student achievement, student discipline as well as an expressed willingness and plan to be accessible to staff, community, and students.
Glendale School District is a small, pleasant school in rural Glendale, Oregon located along the I-5 corridor just 27 minutes from Grants Pass, Oregon and 47 minutes from Roseburg, Oregon. We invite you to join the Glendale School District where the staff collaborate and partner together to help every student succeed.
The district is the southernmost district in Douglas County, serving more than 300 students from Pre-K to 12th grade. For more information on the district, – http://www.glendale.k12.or.us/ .
- Ability to possess a valid Oregon Administrator’s license for principal.
- Provides visionary, innovative leadership.
- Successful teaching experience in multiple levels.
- Has a collaborative leadership style and works with the board, staff, students and community. Demonstrates strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Supportive of multiple alternative educational programs.
- Demonstrates creativity; encourages others to be innovative.
- Committed to the success of all students and willing to continue development of programs to ensure success.
- Current curriculum and instructional background; knowledge of and ability to promote effective educational improvement and instructional practices in all areas.
- Ability to handle consistent change in education.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills & communicates effectively with the community, staff, and students.
- Is approachable, accessible and listens to all parties with an open mind.
- Demonstrates strong personal and professional honesty, integrity, and fairness.
- Approaches challenges with confidence.
Complete an application by clicking the “Apply” button in the upper right of this announcement. (If you are not viewing this via Applicant Tracking, click HERE.
Include with your application: Resume, Cover Letter, and Letters of Recommendation
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Glendale SD policy provides veterans and disable veterans with preference as required by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.