DLC Instructional Assistant – Special Education
Riddle Elementary School
Riddle School District seeks qualified applicants for the position of Special Education Instructional Assistant – this position is located in the DLC classroom.
- Position is for the Elementary School
- 6 hours each day / 5 days per week
Salary/Pay Rate: $13.46 – $16.88 per hour depending on experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have one of the following:
- Completion of 2 years of college study or 72 credits
- Hold an Associate’s degree or higher
- Evidence of successfully passing the COMPASS test
- Knowledge of or ability to understand and adhere to Special Education rules, regulations and policies
The Instructional Assistant for DLC assists in the operation of the instructional or supportive services in the school system. The Instructional Assistant for DLC is under direct supervision of a licensed teacher or administrator and assists in the development of an instructional program by working with students individually or in small/large groups, preparing instructional materials, assisting in implementation of classroom discipline, and conducting planned activities using teacher designated methods and materials. The Instructional Assistant for DLC is different than an Instructional Assistant position for the reason that it requires a higher level of aptitude and skill in working with the particular disabilities, behavioral needs, and/or learning needs of students.
This not an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties or functions associated with the job.
- Assist teachers in the planning and implementation of learning experiences of students enrolled in programs; confer with teacher to provide feedback on student performance, progress, and testing activities.
- Assist the teacher in devising special strategies for reinforcing material or skills based on a sympathetic understanding of individual students, their needs, interests, and abilities.
- Assist in monitoring classroom management in accordance with the district’s discipline procedures, which may include the physical restraint, physical movement, lifting and carrying of students.
- Supervise students in and outside of the classroom with an understanding of and provision for a safe environment.
- Perform various clerical functions in student record keeping, monitor assignments, IEP development, maintain accurate files, and other related functions.
- Assist with the supervision of students during emergency drills, assemblies, and play periods.
Begin the application process by clicking the “Apply” button in the upper right of this announcement in Applicant tracking. (If you are not viewing this via Applicant Tracking (Applitrack), click **HERE**
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.