Computer Technician I
Douglas ESD is accepting applications for the position of Computer Technician I. Position will be serving south county intially. This position works 240 days, 5 days per week, 8 hours per day.
Begin the application process by clicking the “Apply” button in the upper right of this announcement in Applicant tracking. (If you are not viewing this via Applicant Tracking (Applitrack), click **HERE**
Application Deadline: 06/07/23 at 5:00 pm
Starting Salary: $23.99 – $30.92 per hour (depending on relevant verifiable experience)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or equivalent required; AA degree preferred. Minimum of two years of experience specializing in the utilization of software, hardware and equipment. Maintains appropriate certifications and training as required.
JOB SUMMARY: The Computer Technician I maintains and supports the implementation of ESD and client telecommunication systems and maintains and supports computer desktop hardware, software, and peripherals. The Computer Technician follows and supports ESD policies and procedures performs other duties as may be assigned, and works cooperatively and harmoniously with clients, co-workers, and supervisors.
DUTIES: This is not an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties or functions associated with the job. Full job description is attached in Applicant Tracking.
- Isolates problems from symptoms, determines alternatives, executes solutions, and effectively communicates these aspects to management, IT team, and users.
- Respond to technical support requests from users utilizing the IT HelpDesk software.
- Assists with training teachers and local system administrators; coordinates outside trainers in specialized areas of expertise.
- Articulates technical concepts to peers, management, and limited user audience.
- Organizes and writes and maintains systems documentation for ESD, DougNet, and where necessary, the school districts.
- Trouble-shoot computer, software, and telecom configuration on site, and over the phone, utilizing remote management tools as required.
- Appropriately maintains and secures confidential records and inquiries.
- Professionally represents the school and the District in interactions with parents, community, staff, and students.
- Act as the first point of contact for problem resolution and technical assistance from Douglas County user community.
- Assign, monitor, and manage requests with the HelpDesk system software.
The Douglas Education Service District’s equity vision encompasses its organizational culture and the community we are committed to serving. We envision that across Douglas ESD’s geography and programs that people are thriving. We believe by prioritizing diversity, equity, and inclusion, we are building a stronger organization that is innovative, responsive, and in service to our current and next generation of leaders.
Douglas ESD policy provides veterans and disable veterans with preference as required by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.