SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGIST INTERN
DOUGLAS EDUCATION SERVICE DISTRICT
190 work day calendar / 8 hours per day / 5 days per week
$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
Under the direct supervision of a certified school psychologist, provide psycho-educational evaluations, instructional recommendations, and behavioral management intervention for students referred to the ESD Psychological and Behavioral Services Department.
To the extent possible, Douglas ESD will provide an internship experience that is aligned with the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP). This experience will provide the intern the opportunity to work in a variety of school settings with children of differing backgrounds and needs.
This is not an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties or functions associated with the job.
- Assist and/or provide comprehensive psychological evaluations of students utilizing an appropriate battery of assessment instruments.
- Ability to write in-depth evaluation reports for all students evaluated.
- Assists with the identification of learning and behavior problems that interfere with school success.
- Participates as a member of a team (IEP, IFSP, Placement, Eligibility, MDT, etc.) and assumes appropriate roles: leads, follows, and supports others in a productive manner.
- Acts as resource for teachers of special needs students, for materials, equipment, and/or services from other agencies.
- Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Family Service Plans (IFSP) and/or Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Consults and acts as a resource to educational staff and families of students.
- Assist with assessing the effectiveness, appropriateness, and usefulness of strategies and practices used with students.
- Serves as a resource to district personnel regarding special education laws, rules, policies, procedures, and trends.
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of RTI and PBIS for implementation in the school districts that utilize these programs.
- Cooperate with and develop collaborative relationships with personnel of mental health, community health, and other state and local agencies serving and supporting children with special needs.Prepare forms as requested by outside agencies.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel to and from school locations in the Douglas ESD service area and may be required to travel on overnight assignments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Graduate level training in School Psychology
- One (1) year of fieldwork in an accredited School Psychologist program OR one (1) year experience as a trainee in a school district, using appropriate psycho/educational assessments.
- Must be eligible to apply for an Oregon School Psychologist license through TSPC.
- Have or ability to obtain a valid CPR/First Aid card.
Begin the application process by clicking the “Apply” button in the upper right of this announcement in Applicant tracking. (If you are not viewing this via Applicant Tracking (Applitrack), click **HERE**
Commensurate dependent on the level of credential based on the 2022-23 ESD salary schedule. Step 1 ranging from $ 44,765 to $ 49,822 plus a $5,000 sign on bonus.
Douglas ESD offers an excellent benefit package that includes health, dental and vision. Medical insurance packages with family coverage starting as low as $0 out of your pocket! Paid holidays and sick leave provided. Spring and Winter break to rest and recharge, plus Summer off to enjoy some fun times in the Oregon sun! Retirement pension through the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System.
Douglas ESD celebrates and supports employees of color. As we strive to become one of the most ethnically and racially diverse professional organizations in Southwest Oregon, persons of color and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Douglas ESD is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity and valuing the cultural, educational, and life experience of each student and employee, as well as equitable outcomes for all students.
Douglas ESD policy provides veterans and disable veterans with preference as required by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.