DESD - Douglas County School Districts
2018-2019 School Year
Provide and implement learning activities and objectives for each child served, including appropriate interaction with staff and families filling in for the regular teacher.
If you intend to work as a substitute teacher, you must have your current, valid Oregon teaching license IN HAND before applying. If you do not have a current, valid Oregon teaching license you need to contact Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission at: www.oregon.gov/TSPC for more information.
According to state law, substitute teachers are exempt employees, and are not eligible for overtime and their rates are not based on an hourly rate, but rather on a full daily rate.
Substitutes are paid either in “full day” or “1/2 day” increments
- full day, could be > or < 8 hours;
- less than a full day that spans the middle of the day and is greater than 4 hours - will be paid at the full day rate (ex: 10:30 am – 3:30/4:00 pm);
- ½ days can be either a morning or afternoon session and could be > or < 4 hours;
- ½ days can also span the middle day (ex: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm).
• The full day daily rate is: $180.09 (for 5 day-a-week schools) & $202.60 (for 4 day-a-week schools)
• The full day “long term” daily rate is: $220.35 (for 5 day-a-week schools) & $247.89 (for 4 day-a-week schools)
All licensed substitutes working in Douglas County schools will be hired, scheduled, and paid through Douglas ESD. All licensed substitutes will become employees of Douglas ESD. Douglas ESD will pay substitutes based on the approved daily rate as defined in Oregon Revised Statute 342.610. For licensed substitutes that are Oregon PERS eligible, Douglas ESD will deduct the 6% pickup from each employee check. There will be one paycheck for all substitute work done in any Douglas County school. Payday will be the 15th of each month for all work done the previous month. There will be no time cards to fill out as the online AESOP system will be used to record all hours worked, and all pay information will be uploaded from the AESOP system.
- If you intend to work as a substitute teacher, you must have your current, valid Oregon teaching license IN HAND before applying. Contact Teacher Standards and Practices Commission at: www.oregon.gov/TSPC for more information.
Pay periods are for the full calendar month, and paid out on the 15th of the following month.
Example: all hours worked in September will be paid on the 15th of October.
TO APPLY: Begin the application process by clicking the “Apply” button in the upper right of this announcement. (If you are not viewing this via Applicant Tracking (Applitrack), click HERE
Full job description is attached below in the bottom right of this announcement
For additional information, Contact Connie Rosas, Substitute Services at (541) 957- 4823 or connie.rosasdouglasesd.k12.or.us (EMAIL)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Douglas ESD policy provides veterans and disable veterans with preference as required by law.