2017-2018 school year
District: Douglas ESD
Duties: We are currently accepting applications for Licensed Substitutes in some of our Douglas County school districts in various locations.
Minimum Qualifications: If you intend to work as a substitute teacher, you must have your current, valid Oregon teaching license IN HAND before applying. If you do not have a current, valid Oregon teaching license you need to contact Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission at: www.oregon.gov/TSPC for more information.
Interested in becoming a substitute?
We are currently accepting applications for some of our Douglas County school districts in various locations. For additional information, please contact Ronnie Campos in Substitute Services at ronnie.camposdesd.k12.or.us.
The Douglas ESD provides substitute teaching services for all of our component school districts. Those districts include: Yoncalla, North Douglas, Elkton, Oakland, Sutherlin, Roseburg, Glide, Winston/Dillard, Camas, South Umpqua, Riddle, Days Creek and Glendale.
All licensed substitutes working in Douglas County schools will be hired, scheduled, and paid through Douglas ESD. All licensed substitutes will become employees of Douglas ESD. Douglas ESD will pay substitutes based on the approved daily rate as defined in Oregon Revised Statute 342.610. For licensed substitutes that are Oregon PERS eligible, Douglas ESD will deduct the 6% pickup from each employee check. There will be one paycheck for all substitute work done in any Douglas County school. Payday will be the 15th of each month for all work done the previous month. There will be no time cards to fill out as the online AESOP system will be used to record all hours worked, and all pay information will be uploaded from the AESOP system.
- If you intend to work as a substitute teacher, you must have your current, valid Oregon teaching license IN HAND before applying.
- If you do not have a current, valid Oregon teaching license you need to contact Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission at: www.oregon.gov/TSPC for more information.
All substitutes are required to attend an orientation before they can be employed by the ESD. This orientation could be completed via an online format. All licensed substitutes will also have to complete annual paperwork for their file in order to remain on the following year's substitute list.
Click here to review the DESD Substitute Handbook
According to state law, substitute teachers are exempt employees, and are not eligible for overtime and their rates are not based on an hourly rate, but rather on a full daily rate.
Substitutes are paid either in “full day” or “1/2 day” increments
- full day, could be > or < 8 hours;
- less than a full day that spans the middle of the day and is greater than 4 hours - will be paid at the full day rate (ex: 10:30 am – 3:30/4:00 pm);
- ½ days can be either a morning or afternoon session and could be > or < 4 hours;
- ½ days can also span the middle day (ex: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm).
• The full day daily rate is: $178.35 (for 5 day-a-week schools) & $200.64 (for 4 day-a-week schools)
• The full day “long term” daily rate is: $210.86 (for 5 day-a-week schools) & $237.22 (for 4 day-a-week schools)
Long term rate starts after the 10th consecutive day, for the same teacher. Substitutes with a Restricted Teaching license are not allowed to work any long term assignments
Pay periods are for the full calendar month, and paid out on the 15th of the following month.
Example: all hours worked in September will be paid on the 15th of October.
Contact Ronnie Campos, Substitute Services at (541) 957-4823 or ronnie.camposdouglasesd.k12.or.us
Douglas ESD is an EOE
View the online application at AppliTrack