Part Time Custodian - Jackson County
- Attends work regularly and as scheduled. Possess the ability to perform all functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes concrete, linoleum, and tile floors.
- Vacuums and shampoos rugs and carpets in offices and rooms.
- Cleans and dusts walls, furniture, woodwork, and other equipment.
- Picks up papers and other refuse on grounds and sweeps walks and entrances.
- Washes, scrubs, and disinfects restrooms on a daily basis.
- Cleans windows, door glass, and drinking fountains.
- Cleans and polishes metal work such as door panels and hand rails.
- Empties and cleans waste containers.
- Assists in moving or rearranging chairs, tables, desks, furniture, and other equipment.
- Maintain, set-up, clean-up public meeting rooms.
- Maintains equipment used in the course of work.
- Performs special custodial work upon the request of supervisor.
- Makes minor maintenance repairs to furniture and other building fixtures.
- Reports safety, sanitary, fire hazards, and needed maintenance repairs to the supervisor.
- Assists in the complete cleaning and routine maintenance of buildings and grounds.
- May perform routine grounds keeping duties and such other duties as may be assigned within the usual scope of this employment.
- All other duties as assigned by the superintendent.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; training that increases ability to perform duties of the position preferred.
- Working knowledge of industry-standard tools and equipment required.
- Experience working in general housekeeping and maintenance positions preferred.
- Moderate degree of independent judgment required in the completion of tasks.
- Ability to treat information or people in a professional and confidential manner.
- Ability to complete tasks with some guidance.
- Possess or quickly acquire basic technology skills, including e-mail, and use word processing, spreadsheet, and/or database software to the extent necessary to efficiently accomplish the duties of the position.